Recipe of the Week
Checkout my weekly recipe. Each week I choose a quick, healthy and easy to cook recipe, that’s just that little bit special, perhaps for a midweek treat or a delicious Friday night meal, with a glass of wine
- Frying pan or griddle
- Chopping board
- 1 pack Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pack mixed olives and feta
- handful fresh basil leaves
- Virgin Olive oil
- Lemon Olive Oil Optional
- 2 Ciabatta rolls Use 4 for a larger portion
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and place in a bowl
- Cut the olives in quarters and add to the bowl
- Cut the feta cubes in half and add to the bowl
- Chop the fresh basil finely and add to the bowl
- Add a good glug of olive oil, salt and pepper and stir all together
- Cut the bruschetta rolls in half (one half per person or or roll per person for a larger portion)
- Drizzle a little olive oil on each half
- Heat your frying pan or griddle. When hot place the rolls oil side down and leave until golden brown. Turn over briefly just to warm the other side.
- Place the roll on a plate and pile on the tomato, feta and olives
- Drizzle a little lemon olive oil over the top and serve straight away. You could use any flavour oil you want, but lemon goes particularly well.
Slow Roast Pork with Apple Sauce 2 kg Pork (shoulder is better but any cut will do)Salt & PepperOlive oilSalt & Pepper2 Red Onions4 medium Carrots2 Garlic GlovesSprig of thyme (optional)2 Large applesSqueeze of lemonA little water Preheat the oven to gas mark...