Recipe of the Week
Checkout my weekly recipe. Each week I choose a quick, healthy and easy to cook recipe, that’s just that little bit special, perhaps for a midweek treat or a delicious Friday night meal, with a glass of wine
Sausage, Tomato & Onion Bake
- Pack of 6-8 sausages
- 1 onion red or white
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 potatoes
- Knob of butter
- Splash of milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- What You Need Optional
- 2 garlic gloves
- Good shake of mixed herbs
- half a pepper sliced
- Put the potatoes on to boil ready for the mash
- Turn the oven on to gas 7 / 200º
- Chop the onion, not too small, and if using peppers and garlic, slice and chop them too
- Place the sausages, onion (peppers & garlic) in an oven proof dish
- Pour over the tin tomatoes (and sprinkle herbs if using)
- Put in the oven for 20-30mins or until sausages are cooked.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and mash the potatoes. Add a good knob of butter, a splash of milk and salt & pepper to taste. Mash well so it is creamy with no lumps.
- Serve on to warmed plates
Slow Roast Pork with Apple Sauce 2 kg Pork (shoulder is better but any cut will do)Salt & PepperOlive oilSalt & Pepper2 Red Onions4 medium Carrots2 Garlic GlovesSprig of thyme (optional)2 Large applesSqueeze of lemonA little water Preheat the oven to gas mark...