Recipe of the Week
Checkout my weekly recipe. Each week I choose a quick, healthy and easy to cook recipe, that’s just that little bit special, perhaps for a midweek treat or a delicious Friday night meal, with a glass of wine
Sweet Potato & Carrot Soup
- 2 Medium Sweet potatoes about fist size
- 4 Carrots
- 1 ltr Vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- splash Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Single Cream or Creme Fraiche Optional
- Chop the sweet potato and carrots into small pieces
- Make up about a litre of hot vegetable stock
- Heat about a tblspn of olive oil in a large pan
- Add the sweet potato and carrot and coat in the oil. Fry for a couple of minutes
- Slowly add the stock. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a hand blender or food blender to puree the soup down. You can leave it a bit lumpy it you like a bit of texture. Add a little more hot water if the mixture is too thick.
- Serve into warm bowls.
- Add a swirl of cream
Slow Roast Pork with Apple Sauce 2 kg Pork (shoulder is better but any cut will do)Salt & PepperOlive oilSalt & Pepper2 Red Onions4 medium Carrots2 Garlic GlovesSprig of thyme (optional)2 Large applesSqueeze of lemonA little water Preheat the oven to gas mark...