Pearl Barley & Winter Veg Soup
- 1½ ltrs of Vegetable Stock
- 150 g Pearl barley
- 1 leek
- 1 parsnip
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp tomatoe puree or tomato sauce
- Sprinkle of parsley optional
- Sprinkle of Mixed herbs if you don’t have a bay leaf
- Put the vegetable stock into a large pan, add the Pearl Barley and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for a further 5mins
- Peel and chop the vegetables. Add to the pan along with the bay leaf or herbs.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 20mins or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in the tomato puree (or sauce), season to taste with a little salt & Pepper.
- Serve into warmed bowls
Serve with crusty bread Grate some cheese on top for some extra flavour