Fruit & Nut FlapJacks
Soft chewey and crunchy Fruit & Nut FlapJacks
- Weighing Scales
- 7" square Tin
- Parchment Paper
- 175 Grams Butter You can use dairy spread
- 140 Gram Golden Syrup
- 50 Grams Soft Brown Sugar Light or Dark
- 250 Grams Porridge Oats
- 50 Grams Unsalted Mixed Fruit & Nuts Use a premix bag or you can make up your own mix
- 2 Tblspn Strawberry Jam Stir the jam in a bowl to loosen up
- Heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4 or 160° fan oven.
- Line your tin with the parchment paper
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in the saucepan and melt.
- Add the porridge oats and fruit and nuts. Stir well to mix all the ingredients.
- Add half of the mixture to the tin and spread out. With the back of the spoon, press the oat mixture down firmly.
- Spread or dollop the jam over the first layer.
- Add the remaining mixture and spread out to the edges of the tin. Press down with the back of a spoon.
- Put into the oven for 20mins.
- When the flap jacks are done, remove from the oven. Leave in the tin. With a blunt knife or the back of a knife, carefully score the flap jacks into squares. Leave in the tin to completly cool. When cool remove from the tin by lifting out with the paper. Cut the squares completly through and store in an air tight container.
You can add various options to your flap Jacks. Leave out the nuts and use mixed fruit, add coconut or just use your favourtie nut. You could make them extra special by adding some chocolate chips on top 5mins before the end of cooking.