Flour Fried Plaice
- 2 whole pieces of Plaice
- 2 tblspn flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable or corn oil
- Lemon wedges
- You could do this with other white fish but if thick, cut into portions rather than frying the whole the fish.
- You can add herbs to the flour if you wish. Parsley Dill and oregano would work well. May a few chilli flakes if you like a kick.
- On a large plate, place the flour and mix in a generous sprinkle of salt & pepper. Mix well
- If not already done, de-bone the fish
- Lay the fish in the flour mix and press down well. Turn the fish over and do again.
- In a large frying pan, heat enough oil that it covers the bottom of the frying pan
- Place each fish in the pan and fry until golden brown. If you can not get both pieces of fish in the pan, keep the cooked one warm while cooking the other.
- Serve onto warmed plates and garnish with a wedge of lemon
Serve with buttered baby potatoes, fresh green beans or peas and fried tomatoes.