Fakeaway Lamb Pittas
- 200 g Lamb mince
- 1 small red onion keep a few slices back for the salad
- 1 tsp corriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- A little flour
- A little oil
- 4 large pitta breads white or wholemeal
- 2-3 large tomatoes
- Some Shredded lettuce
- Slices of cucumber
- Sweet Chilli sauce
- Plain yogurt use as a dressing
- Chop the onion finely (keep a few slice back for the salad)
- Place the mince, onion, corriander, cumin & salt in a bowl. Mix well (squishing with your hands is the best way)
- Divide into 8 portions. Form into balls then squash flat to make nice thin patties (you can do this between two sheets of cling film)
- Heat a little oil in a shallow pan or frying pan
- Coat the lamb patties in a little flour then carefully place in the frying pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Warm the pitta breads (either in the toaster on a low setting or under the grill low down).
- When the lamb patties are cooked, carefully split the pitta breads down the long side with a sharp knife.
- Put some of the lettuce in then 2 of the lamb patties and then fill the rest of the pitta with the rest of the salad.
- Add your own sauce or dressing as you like.
You can use this lamb mixture to make Lamb meatballs and serve with spaghetti or pasta. Squash round a skewer to make a long sausage and BBQ them.