This Chick Pea Curry is a tasty filling and cheap meal.
- 1 large pan
- 1 Chopping board
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 small Tin ChickPeas (drained)
- 1 large Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Large Tin Coconut Milk
- 2 Sticks Celery (chopped)
- 1 Medium Yellow Pepper (sliced) You can use any colour
- 2 Gloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp GaramMasala
- 1 tsp Corriander
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil
- 1 large tsp cornflour
- Heat a little olive oil in a deep pan or saucepan
- Add the onion, garlic, and spices and stir until the onion is soft. Do not let the garlic burn as it will become bitter. Add a spoonful of tomatoes to loosen the mixture. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, pepper and celery and stir for 5minutes.
- Add the Tomatoes and Coconut milk. bring to the boil and then simmer for 5minutes.
- Add a large tsp of cornflour to a cup along with a little cold water. Stir to a paste and then add to the Curry and stir. Add a little salt to taste. Allow to simmer for a futher 5 minutes. If you would like the curry to be thicker add a little more cornflour paste.
Serve with some rice or just some warmed nan bread. If you want to add more vegetables you can do so, a mix of peppers, Baby corn would work well. To make for 4 people, just double the ingredients.