Chicken with Tomato Pasta
- 3-4 Chicken Breast
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper
- 1 onion red or white
- 1 garlic glove
- 6 or more mushrooms Your preference
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes or 1 carton of passata
- Good shake of Oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- 6 handfuls of Dried pasta your choice
What You Need (Optional)
- Put a large pan of water on to boil. When it has come to the boil add the pasta, stir through to seperate and then simmer until cooked.
- Slice the chicken in finger size strips
- Chop or slice the onion
- Slice or crush the garlic
- Clean and slice the mushrooms
- Slice the peppers
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan
- Add the chicken and fry until whitened on all sides
- Add the oregano, salt & pepper
- Add the onion, garlic and peppers and continue to cook until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- When the pasta has cooked, drain the water and then add the tomatoes and stir through. Continue to heat through for a minute or two. Add salt to taste and stir through.
- Serve onto warmed plates or into warmed bowls
Add grated cheese or Parmesan shavings on top for extra taste. If you have any bacon left over in the fridge, fry off with the chicken. If you have any olives, stir through the pasta at the same time as the tomatoes.