Chicken with Mango and Coriander Rice
This chicken with mango makes a lovely fresh summer dish with the coriander rice adding that extra flavour.
- Large pan or Wok
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Small Bowl
- 4 Chicken Breasts (skin removed)
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Mango (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Red Pepper (sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Gloves (finely chopped or crushed)
- 2 Tbsp Grated fresh Ginger You can use ginger puree or dried ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil If you have it you can use coconut oil
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp Water
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 Cup Rice Basmanti is best
- 1 Handful of fresh coriander, washed and finely chopped You can used dried – 2tsp
- in a shallow dish or on a plate, mix the salt, pepper and flour together
- Cut the chicken into finger size strips and coat in the flour
- Cut and slice or chop your onion, pepper and mango. Grate the Ginger and crush the Garlic.
- Make your sauce. Add all the ingredients to a bowl stir well and set to one side
- Put your rice on to cook (if using microwave rice do this last before serving)
- Heat a little oil in the pan and add all the vegetables (not the mango). Stir for about 3mins but do not let the garlic burn. Place into a dish or bowl.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and then add the chicken. Cook until the chicken starts to brown.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan along with mango and stir until the mango is warm. Add the sauce and stir through.
- Add a the coriander to the cooked rice with a little salt to taste and stir through.
- Serve onto plates or into bowls.
If left to go cold or if there is any left over, this dish is great cold or as a lunch time meal.