- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 packet fajita mix your choice
- 1 packet soft wraps
- grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Tomato salsa your preference on heat
- Shredded lettuce
- Tin of refried beans follow tin instructions on reheating
- Sliced Peppers
- Jalapenos deseeded and sliced
- Cut the chicken breast in finger size strips
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan or frying pan
- Fry the chicken until browned all over. Turn the chicken strips from time to time to brown on all sides.
- Add the onion, & pepper if using, and fry until they turn colour
- Reduce the heat and add the packet of fajita mix (check packet for cooking instructions in case it requires any water to be added)
- Stir thoroughly so all the chicken is coated.
- Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through. (slice the thickest piece of chicken to make sure it is white in the middle and no pink is showing.
- Spoon the chicken mix into a warmed dish and keep warm while assembling the other elements.
- Warm the wraps (check packet for heating instructions)
- Place your grated cheese & shredded lettuce in bowls
- Lay all the dishes out on a table and wrap away.
You could use breaded chicken fingers/goujons for people that don’t like the spicy heat of the fajita mix. Cook seperatly in the oven and serve along side the other dishes.