Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry
- 3-4 Chicken breast
- 2 tblsp cornflour
- 1 tsp ground ginger optional for flavour
- Salt & Pepper
- Bag of Vegetable stir fry your choice
- Handful of cashew nuts
- Vegetable oil
- Left over cooked chicken stir fry as it is. You can not coat in the cornflour. Miss out steps 2 & 3
- Any stir fry sauce
- 1 tblsp peanut butter
- Slice the Chicken breast in finger size strips or cut into cubes
- Put the cornflour, ginger and a good pinch of salt into a freezer or food bag.
- Place the chicken in the bag and twist or tie the top. Coat the chicken in the cornflour by turning the bag over and over or shaking.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the floured chicken and cook for about 2-3mins until the chicken starts to colour and go crispy.
- Add the vegetables and continue to cook until the vegetables have softened. Make sure you keep turning the ingredients over.
- Just before ready to serve add the Cashew nut and stir through. (if using peanut butter or sauce, add this now and stir through)
- Serve into warmed bowls
Serve with rice or noodles Add a sweet chilli sauce Or a Sweet & Sour sauce