Deep Fried Cinnamon Banana
A quick delicious snack or crispy banana dessert
- Fryer or Deep pan
- Bowl and whisk or wooden spoon
- Slotted spoon (or large spoon)
- Kitchen towel
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 tblsp Flour
- 1 Egg
- dash milk
- sprinkle Cinnamon
- Vegetable or corn oil If you are using a deep pan to fry
- Place the flour and a good shake of cinnamon in a bowl and create a hole in the middle
- Crack the egg in the middle of the flour. Add a little milk and then start to mix in the flour until it starts to thicken. Gradually add more milk mixing well until you have a thick mixture. Continue to beat until little bubble start to appear.
- Peel the bananas and cut into chunks.
- Heat your fryer or if using a deep pan, add enough oil to fill half of your pan and heat. To tell if your oil is hot enough drop a little of the batter mix into the oil. If it sizzles straight away your oil is hot enough. DO NOT leave your pan unattended.
- Drop the banana pieces in the batter and with a slotted spoon scoop them out one at a time and carefully drop into the hot oil.
- Once they are golden brown carefully scoop out and place on some kitchen towel
- Once all cooked turn out the pan of oil or turn off your fryer
- Sprinkle the crispy bananas with some extra cinnamon
- Serve with ice cream, cream or chocolate sauce
These are best served straight away but can be kept warm in a hot oven if you are making several batches. If you don’t like cinnamon you can leave it out. Try ginger or nutmeg instead.