Sweet Potato & Carrot Soup
A sweet delicious bowl of Sweet Potato & Carrot Soup
- 2 Medium Sweet potatoes about fist size
- 4 Carrots
- 1 ltr Vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- splash Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Single Cream or Creme Fraiche Optional
- Chop the sweet potato and carrots into small pieces
- Make up about a litre of hot vegetable stock
- Heat about a tblspn of olive oil in a large pan
- Add the sweet potato and carrot and coat in the oil. Fry for a couple of minutes
- Slowly add the stock. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a hand blender or food blender to puree the soup down. You can leave it a bit lumpy it you like a bit of texture. Add a little more hot water if the mixture is too thick.
- Serve into warm bowls.
- Add a swirl of cream
Serve with crusty bread, toasted bread or some crunchy croutons. You could add some grated cheese too for extra flavour. A small portion is ideal as a starter or a large portion as a main meal.