Classic Bread & Butter Pudding
This Bread & Butter Pudding is a classic heart warming dish which will hug you.
- Deep oven proof dish
- 6 Slices Bread Bread that is not so fresh is ideal
- Butter or dairy spread
- 1 Pint Milk You can do 3/4 pint milk and 1/4 pint cream for a more luxury pudding
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Handfuls Raisins
- Granulated sugar
- 1 handful Flaked Almonds Optional
- Pre heat the oven to Gas 3 / 170c
- Butter the bread thickly and cut into squares or triangles.
- Place a layer in a deep oven proof dish, over the bottom and around the sides butter side up
- Sprinkle with sugar and the scatter some raisins over the topContinue to layer, overlapping the bread until you have filled the dish
- Beat the eggs, milk and vanilla essence together and pour over the bread. Make sure all the bread is covered. Leave for about 30mins to allow the bread to soak up the milk.
- If using the almonds, scatter over the top and place in a pre-heated oven for 45-60 mins until the mixture is set and the bread has puffed up.