Simple Prawn Spaghetti
- 500 g spaghetti
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tblspn tomato puree
- Good shake of dried basil
- 400 g cooked prawns
- Olive oil
- Small glass of white wine
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 2 handfuls of rocket or Baby Spinach
- What You Need Optional
- Dried or Fresh chopped chillies
- Put a pan of water on for the spaghetti.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan or large shallow pan.
- Add the Garlic and gently fry until it starts to turn colour.
- Add the prawns and cook for about a minute.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, tomato puree and basil. Stir well and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- When the spaghetti is cooked drain the water.
- Add the spaghetti to the tomato & prawn sauce and coat well.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and add the rocket or spinach. Loosely stir through.
- Serve onto warmed plates or bowls and sprinkle the lemon zest over the top.
Add some chilli for a bit of a kick Swap out the Spring onions for some Chives.